Finland snow art: Locals create giant pattern on golf course
Répondre
geemong
Rang 4
Rang 4

Message par geemong » ven. 12 févr. 2021 10:27

Carved in the snow by thousands of footsteps, a giant web of geometric patterns has appeared on a golf course in Finland, drawing
global attention.

The spectacular design in the southern city of Espoo was the work of amateur artist Janne Pyykkö and 11 volunteers.

Using rope and snowshoes, Mr Pyykkö and his team created the artwork over two days last weekend.

Measuring 160m (525ft) across, the artwork is thought to be the largest snow drawing ever made in the country.

"I have done small designs before," Mr Pyykkö, an IT consultant for the company CGI, told the BBC. "I wanted to go to the next level,
do something more complex than before."

Inspired by his "hero" Simon Beck - a British artist renowned for snow drawings - Mr Pyykkö said he "wanted to create something
beautiful" in the thick powder near his home.

First of all, Mr Pyykkö designed the pattern of interlocking shapes on his computer at home.

The drawing consisted of six large snow-flake-style shapes - all slightly different - with a star centrepiece connecting them in
the middle.

When he was happy with the design, Mr Pyykkö recruited collaborators from a Finnish snow-shoeing Facebook group.

Mr Pyykkö printed out detailed blueprints for each volunteer to follow, directing them to trace out his design on the snow-covered
Löfkulla golf course, near the capital, Helsinki.

To make the patterns, they used rope and wore snowshoes measuring 50cm long and 30cm wide.

Mr Pyykkö said the project was a "social challenge" because he had never organised a group of volunteers to make snow art
before.

"I was teaching this way of drawing to the volunteers, I only knew two people in advance," he said.

Despite this, the volunteers managed to execute Mr Pyykkö's instructions with precision on their first attempt.

You can follow many other news here. : ดาวน์โหลด SLOTXO

J smith
Nouveau
Nouveau

Apartment for Rent

Message par J smith » sam. 13 févr. 2021 10:18

The pandemic has prompted a shift in condo markets in 2020, with high-priced cities like San Francisco and New York City persevering with to look rent fees drop, at the same time as greater historically low-priced rentalpaca like Boise are seeing prices upward thrust.
We looked at cities with populations of more than one hundred,000 to find the ***spam*** lower priced flats to stay within the U.S. This is our listing of ***spam*** inexpensive apartments with bedrooms.

Répondre
Suivez-nous sur
close
Me connecter

Avec mon compte :

Ou via mon compte kobOne :